What information we collect
We may collect personal data that you provide to us when you access our website, transact business with us through a website or otherwise, contact customer service, participate in a promotion, participate in another feature of our website that requires your personal data, provide us with comments, suggestions or content for, and/or provide your information to third party marketing affiliates. We only collect personal data that is necessary for the purposes identified herein. Please note that we do not control the collection or use of your personal data by third parties who may provide it to us, and such is subject to their privacy policies.
Some of our personal data collection is completely transparent. This means that you will know when and how it is happening. We can only gather the personal data you voluntarily provide. If you object to or limit processing of certain personal data of this nature, you may not be able to easily or efficiently use all of the features of the website or interact or transact business with us. By providing us with this personal data, you understand and acknowledge that we will collect, use, store, and disclose it for the purposes you provided it. The categories of personal data we may collect from you may include:
- Contact Information: Such as name, address, phone number; email address; social pages.
- Payment Info: Such as credit card type. Please note that we do not store credit card numbers and all credit card processing is done by third parties.
- Preferences: Such as product types; quantities of products; delivery preferences.
- Purchase History: Such as historical purchase records; order numbers; identification of products and quantities purchased.
- Chat, Email, Other Electronic Communications: Any personal data you voluntarily share in your written, electronic, telephone, and in-person communications with us, including, without limitation, questions; product inquiries; requests to be contacted; comments and/or feedback about products.
- Other Personal Data: Any other personal data you choose to provide to us, including, without limitation, through marketing email sign-ups; participation in contests, surveys and other promotions.
- Information from Third Party Platforms: If you access our websites or communicate with us using your account credentials from a third-party owned or operated platform/service (e.g., Amazon, Apple, AWS, Facebook, Google, Shopify, Twitter, etc.), post content from one of our websites to a social network, or use various social media features (e.g., “Life” button), we may process certain information from the third parties, such as your username, “likes”, location, birthday, comments and reviews, preferences, network reach and influence, and any other information you provided to third parties in connection with your account. Depending on your account and privacy settings on such third-party platforms, we may also be able to see information that you post when using these third parties whether or not you are an active customer.
- Information from Third Party Service Providers: We may also collect personal data about you from our third-party service providers who provide us with e-commerce and/or technical related support or services associated with the functionality and purposes of a website and our transaction of business and interaction with you.
- Advertising Data: From time to time, we may obtain data from third parties who collect data from other third-party sources outside of our control. These third parties may use their own cookies and other tracking technologies. We do not control these third parties and their actions are governed by their privacy policies.
How we use your information
We use the following information for of the following purposes:
- Identification, contact, purchase history and payment information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to quickly process your transactions. We process such information to perform our contract with you.
- Electronic identifiers to personalise your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. We process such information based on your consent.
- Identification and contact information to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. We process such information to perform our contract with you.
- Identification, log-in and contact information to administer our site and for internal operations, including contests sweepstakes, surveys. We process such information based on our legitimate interest to provide useful content to you.
- Electronic identifiers for the purpose of troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes or other site or application features. We process such personal data based on your consent.
- Electronic identifiers for the purpose of detecting fraud and other security threats. We process such information based on our legitimate interest to ensure our website is safe and secure.
- Identification and contact information to provide you with non-marketing or promotional notifications about changes to our services. We process such information to perform our contract with you.
- Identification and contact details for customer service purposes, such as following up on customers who have not checked out their abandoned shopping carts or to see if there was a problem with their use of the site. We process such information based on our legitimate interest to provide effective services and useful content to you.
- If you have agreed to receive our electronic newsletter, we will process your contact information to send you periodic marketing and promotional electronic notices, and for the processing of this data, we rely on your consent. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mails or electronic notices from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us" section below. If you have not opted in to receive electronic newsletters, you will not receive these electronic communications. Visitors who register or participate in other site or application features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our electronic communications list and receive electronic communications from us.
- If you have opted-in to our mobile alert programs (the “Mobile Messaging Services”), we will process your contact information to provide you with information regarding marketing messages, new product releases, cart reminders, and information pertaining to order confirmation and shipping notifications via SMS messages as more fully described in our SMS Mobile Terms & Conditions. We process such information based on your consent.
- Purchase history information to facilitate our supply and demand analysis. We process such information based on our legitimate interest to manage our product inventories and to anticipate customer demand.
- Purchase history information to personalise your purchasing experience and/or to identify and provide promotions that may be of interest to you. We process such information based on our legitimate interest to provide useful content for you.
Sharing information with third parties
We may share your personal data with selected recipients:
- If necessary to fulfill your orders or to provide you with tailored products, product promotions and advertisements, product support services, or other communications, we may disclose your personal data within the ZAGG family of entities.
- We engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customisation, order fulfilment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. We need to share personal information with these third parties so that they can perform these services, however, we limit the personal information that we give to them and authorise them to use this information only for the purpose of performing those services.
- In proceeding with your online credit card order, both your name and address and those of the delivery name and address (if different) will be checked using third parties.
- We share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our agents, including agencies or third-party vendors so that they can provide marketing analysis and consult on advertising strategies. This information does not identify individual users. We also share non-personal information, such as the number of users who visited the website during a specific time period or who purchased a specific product through the website, with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
- We release your information to law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if we believe in good faith that: (1) the law or legal process requires it; (2) such disclosure is necessary for the detection, prevention or to otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; (3) if we have received a valid administrative request from a law enforcement agency, or (4) we need to protect our rights, property or safety, that of our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- As with any business, it is possible that as our business develops, we might go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, sale of all or a portion of our assets or buying online stores or other assets. In such transactions, information about customers will likely be transferred.
- The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Where a transfer of information involves a transfer of information collected or stored within the EEA to a country or territory located outside the EEA, such information will be transferred to, and stored at/processed in the United States of America or other countries where our affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. These transfers outside the EEA in accordance with appropriate or suitable safeguards recognized under applicable laws, including applicable adequacy decisions and standard contractual clauses. Please note, all personal data collected through our websites is initially collected via websites hosted within the United States of America.
How long we store your information
We will retain your information for as long as we are required by law to do so, and more in particular as follows:
- If you have an account with us, and use these to make orders, for 7 years after your last purchase; and
How we protect your information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personally identifiable information. Your personally identifiable information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personally identifiable information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We do not store any credit card or payment information.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. You can help protect your information by creating a strong password to access your online account and by accessing your account only through a personal computer or device, as opposed to public computers or means.
How to opt-out, remove or modify information provided to us
To modify your email subscriptions, you will need to unsubscribe from the bottom of the email or contact customer service. Due to email production schedules you may receive emails or electronic notices already in production. To delete your online account information from our database, submit an Data Deletion Request. Please note that we sometimes maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by choosing to opt-out (see “How to opt-out, remove or modify information provided to us”) or by completing a Data Deletion Request.
You have additional rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. We have described these situations below, as well as how you can exercise your rights. To exercise any of your rights, please complete the applicable form.
- Access: You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with. (Data Request Form)
- Correction: You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete. (Data Request Form)
- Portability: Where you have provided your personal data to us under contract, you have the right to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. (Data Deletion Request)
- Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you. (Data Deletion Request)
- Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data, save for storage. (Data Request Form)
- Objection: In certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal information (e.g. where you request correction or erasure, you also have a right to restrict processing of your applicable data while your request is considered). You can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests by contacting us at email@example.com, and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
In addition, you have the right to complain to the applicable data protection supervisory authority.
- If you are located in the European Economic Area, further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- If you are located in Switzerland, you can make a complaint at any time to the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, the Swiss data protection authority for data protection issues (https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html).
- If you are located in the United Kingdom, you can make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK data protection authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
However, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you contact your local data protection authority; so, if you do have any concerns, please contact our Data Protection Officer as follows:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm GMT at:
Ireland: 35 36 163 6618
UK: 44 207 365 2400
- By mail to:
103 Shannon Industrial Estate,
Shannon, County Clare, Ireland
Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or company trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
Obligations and Notices to Data Protection Supervisory Authorities
In the event of a data breach leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data we transmit, store or otherwise process, we will promptly assess any such breach and will notify, as required by applicable law, data protection supervisory authorities and affected data subjects, which may include you.
Do not track notice
Our websites do not respond to machine-readable headers indicating that you do not want to be tracked (Do Not Track signals).
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, in some places we include third party links on our site or through our applications. These third party linked sites and applications have separate and independent privacy or cookie policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites and applications. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our sites and applications and welcome any feedback about these linked sites and applications (including if a specific link or application does not work).
If you are under 16 you should surf ZAGG.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Although ZAGG does not specifically direct its website, catalogs, or e-mails to children, we strive to provide children with as much customer service as possible without violating their privacy rights. For their protection, ZAGG asks that anyone under 16 years of age not attempt to register with ZAGG or otherwise provide us with any personally identifiable information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. If you believe your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases.
Questions and feedback
103 Shannon Industrial Estate,
Shannon, County Clare, Ireland
Or via telephone: Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm GMT
Ireland: 35 36 163 6618
UK: 44 207 365 2400
This policy was last updated on 22 December 2021.